Monday 1 April 2013

Bunnies and buckets...

Here we are nearly at the end of the Easter weekend. Mine has been fairly quiet - I have been enjoying lots of chocolate and creating my Springtime tree which is truthfully too big for my kitchen and has the tendency to poke eyes out when you sit at the table. However, I feel it is a thing of beauty and we all know that beauty comes at a price!!


The tree in all it's eye-catching glory!

Pink bunny - ahhhhhh!

I made the butterfly!


Mended Sylvac bunny and soon to be eaten chocolate ones.
 Sadly the weather is still not feeling Spring like, I have to say I can't wait for some sunshine. It would be nice to go out without having to wear 28 layers!

Sunshine would also give me an opportunity to experiment further with my cameras. I bought a new book recently - 'Photocrafty' by Sue Venables. It's a book stuffed with projects and inspiration and some cunning make it yourself accessories. One in particular caught my eye, let me explain... I am currently looking to buy a TLR camera which takes 120 film - still weighing up the options at the moment. I have my Uncles old Baby Rolleiflex which is beautiful but takes 127 film. This is nigh on impossible to get hold of now. Sue has a project by which you can use a TLR camera with a DSLR and an elegant looking cardboard tower to create 'through-the-viewfinder' pictures. Apparently it's a whole genre of its own!
So, today I spent some time in a Blue Peter type homage and turned an old shoe box into my own TTV tower. After all the time spent making it I tried it out and was more than disappointed that it didn't seem to work :-( However, I thought I'd upload the trial pic anyway and crop and rotate it and...voila!



Bucket
I'm actually quiet pleased with the result! I think with a little practice this could be an interesting method although I can't imagine taking my homemade cardboard tower out in public...what would people think?? Actually I can probably imagine!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment