Sunday 21 July 2013

Dreaming Spires and Steamy Sundays.

I have been making up for not getting out much of late. I actually managed to grab a couple of days holiday from work. I spent one of these being all 'touristy' in Oxford, exploring and photographing whilst avoiding the heaving crowds of real tourists!

I also visited the Oxford Botanic Gardens - somewhere I'm ashamed to say I've never visited before. It was beautiful, gorgeous plants, shady spots and some rather disturbing art. Mabel Odessey, artist, has dotted various black and white photographs around the gardens. They feature antique marionnettes of Alice and other Looking Glass characters in spooky poses - all a bit surreal!

 
 

I also saw the obligatory punts and bikes (took pictures) a dribbling tramp(didn't take pictures) and a very chap inspired shop display (I asked to take pictures which rather surprised the shop assistant!)




This week saw the arrival of my first Birchbox. This is a monthly lucky dip of beauty samples and information. It comes in a lovely box, packaged wonderfully and it feels a bit like getting an unbirthday present. Even better, on reading the enclosed magazine I decided to Google a singer that I had not heard of before. Please check out Alela Diane - simply stunning voice! Try 'White as Diamonds'... awesome! I have ordered some of her back albums and am looking forward to getting the new release 'About Farewell' at the end of the month.

Today DH and I visited a local Steam Fair. I must admit to a secret liking of steam engines. The smell and noise. Weird, I know.... Still, there were also some very special mannikins on display and I do like a badly put together plasticated person. Especially if they are also wearing a bad wig.

 
 

We enjoyed the displays (who knew there was so much you could say about kites) and I enjoyed some ice cream. However, imagine my horror when I spotted that someone else was wearing the same outfit as me!!!! I thought my floaty Next shirt and legging ensemble was fresh, stylish and quirky. Clearly someone else did too... what a faux pas! Still, I was better accessorised than her and my bag matched my shoes. I even wore some Eiffel Tower earrings in recognition of the Tour de France final day. So I think I won that little fashion-off. :-) Next time I shall have to pick my outfit with more thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment